Terms and Conditions of Hire
TERMS AND CONDITIONS. PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING WITH WESTFIELD
1. PAYMENT – All bookings must be paid for in full 24 hours prior to travel, Westfield bank payment links can be given to customer upon request also bacs payment details can also be sent, Westfield will no longer offer cash as a payment option. We can also accept card payments over the phone by calling 01614834088 option 1. Payment must not be adjusted; the agreed price when booking is what customer must pay for the hire.no shows or late payments along with last min amendments could result in cancellation of your booking failure to comply only entitles you to 50% of your monies that will be refunded within 7 days of the cancellation notice.
2. Payments cannot be made on the weekend all sums must be settled by 16:00 on a Friday, our office is closed and only our emergency on call is active over the weekend
2b. If the trip is on account, we will send an invoice. Payment is due within 30 days of invoice date. Otherwise, payment in full is required before commencement of journey as above, invoices must be settled on or before the due date listed on each invoice, all work carried out within the month will be applied to the invoice
2c. CANCELATION – If the customer needs to cancel, they must do this 24 hour in advance to the commencement of the booking. After this 24-hour window, the customer will be charged 50% and refunds can take up to 7 days to land in your account. (same for credit account customers) Any requested changes to the customers booking can only be made 24 hours prior to the commencement of the trip, failure to comply to this may result in the booking being cancelled. Time changes are subject to availability. Emails are monitored Monday to Friday 8AM-5PM. Emergency changes to a booking must be done by ringing the office on 0161 483 4088 to avoid any miscommunication this number is also our emergency on call number.
3. VEHICLE – The customer cannot assume the use of the vehicle between outward return journeys, nor that it will remain at the destination for the customer’s use unless this has been agreed with Westfield. Westfield reserves the right to levy additional charges for additional mileage or time to that agreed this include extra drop and pick up locations.
4. WAITING TIME – We understand that at large scale events delays are inevitable. Police may close roads and move drivers on from their waiting spot. For any customers unable to find their driver, please contact an operator to get a live location of your driver. Customers are not liable for any refunds in these circumstances as road closures are out of Westfields control.
4b. The maximum numbers allowed on the vehicle is indicated on the vehicle. No standing passengers allowed. Drivers will not carry an extra passenger over the seating capacity this is law, also where seatbelts are provided, THEY MUST BE WORN, Westfield minibuses will always enforce seatbelts however any prosecution regarding seatbelts is the passengers responsibility to wear the safety equipment for the duration of the trip.
4c. Any passengers whose behaviour breaches conduct under driver’s understanding will be removed from the vehicle and no refund will be given to the full amount of the hire Customers must not abuse the staff and repercussions are in place if a driver feels uncomfortable or disrespected. Customers will be responsible for damages to the vehicle by passengers during the trip.
4d. Animals will not be carried on any vehicle, except guide dogs.
4e. Minibuses are only insured to carry persons and luggage, we do not accept jobs moving household items furnishings etc, a local man and van service would be recommended in this case
5. ALCOHOL – Westfield allow the consumption of alcohol in cans. Glass bottles are NOT permitted on our vehicles. Customer’s must place all rubbish into a bag to keep our buses clean. Use of illegal substances will result in your booking being cancelled in any situation and the driver will remove all passengers from the vehicle.
6. ROUTE – The route used will be at the discretion of the company and/or the driver. The vehicle will depart at the times agreed by the customer, and it’s the responsibility of the customer to account for all passengers at those times. Westfield will not accept liability for any losses incurred by the passengers who fail to follow instructions given by the hirer. The driver can add surcharge after 15 minutes waiting time and this must be paid alongside the agreed booking cost. And must be paid for at the time of the overlay.
7. BREAKDOWN/DELAY – Should there be a breakdown Westfield have on call mechanics to resolve the issue that will be at the breakdown in suitable time. Westfield is not responsible for inconvenience or loss caused by delay if completion of the journey is not done in suitable time we cannot account for this.
8. DRIVERS HOURS – The hours of operation of the driver are regulated by the law and the customer accepts the responsibly of ensuring the passengers keeps to the hours and times agreed by the company. Passengers shall not delay or otherwise interrupt the journey in such a way that the driver is at risk of breaching regulations relating to drivers’ hours and contract times. If any breach is likely to occur the customer will be responsible for any additional costs.
9. PROPERTY – All vehicles are subject to restrictions on carrying luggage for statutory safety reasons and the driver shall be the sole judge as to whether and to what extent passengers’ property is carried. Westfield will not accept liability for any damage or loss of any property, which belongs to any passengers and is left on a vehicle. Any articles of found property recovered from the vehicle and will be held at the depot from where the company and vehicle are based and may be collected from there upon request by customer. There may be delays in getting the items if found to the depot unless the items are needed urgently then the a-b fare will be applies and will be required to be paid for to deliver the items back to you, we do reserve the right the charge the full amount to the customer for this service, alternatively the item/s can be collected from our depot – Westfield minibuses – unit 1 Stanley street Stockport sk12ne
9a. Customers and individual passengers are recommended to obtain insurance for those items where, save for negligence, the company’s liability is limited (such as delay or luggage).
10. SMOKING – All cars and minibuses are non-smoking. Passengers must not use cigarettes or e cigarettes whilst in the vehicle.
BY BOOKING WITH WESTFIELD YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. ANY OBLIGATIONS WITH BE DEALT WITH AND REPROCUTIONS WILL BE USED AGAINST SAID CUSTOMER/ PASSENGER IN THE SUITABLE AND AGREED MANNER.